Wednesday, January 13, 2016

On Choosing Happiness

I have been thinking more and more about how to make my home an even more positive space.  I am choosing to focus on the positive, which is what makes us all happier. We live in a world of extremes. There is a significant amount of poverty and there is a significant amount of wealth. It’s very easy to want all the flashy new things that come at us from so many angles. I’m going to admit that I’m guilty. I’d love to move into my own home someday soon and renovate it with all the things on Pinterest that I love (laughing, if only pinterest were real right?).  My lists of wants are long, but I am trying daily to be very grateful for what I do have. My faith in God, my little family (even though I always wanted a much larger “tribe”, I have been blessed with 1 biological daughter, 1 daughter from my heart (foster mother) and possibly 3 from my boyfriend “if” and or “when” we marry), our portion of health and our home that I currently rent. I’m going to let go of the desire to fill my home with things. The things will come steadily with hard work and prayer as I can afford to purchase them. I'm going to focus more on breathing positivity and happiness into my home by giving thanks for all that we already have.


No comments:

Post a Comment